Thursday, June 3, 2010

Inspiration

I have a few well-wishers at my work place, teammates of my previous project in which I was for about 4 and a half years. I wasn’t very much loaded in my final 6 months in those 4.5 years. So we used to have a lot of technical and non-technical discussions, regularly go out for movies and food etc., Even in this 1 month, if there is one thing that hasn't changed, it is our communication. Except that now the discussion happens through gmail chat, we still discuss about a lot of things.

Just as usual, I was chatting with one of my teammates. On the course, he was saying about people we respect not accepting their mistakes, making them uninspiring. For e.g. in a technical discussion, if we ask opinion from one person who we believe is good in what we discuss and turns out later that their opinion is wrong, we respectfully notify them that their opinion was wrong. If they aren't honest about it and disagrees with what they had said earlier, isn't it real bad? We kind of consider them as our teachers and they promptly demoralize us. Doesn't that sound horrible?.

I am an ardent fan of the playback singer Chinmayi and I visit her blog so often as mine. In one of the posts where she wrote about the misbehaving traffic in Chennai she had questioned if they didn't have any inspiring teachers. In another post she had said Gowtham Menon is such an inspiring director and why we don’t find such people in schools and colleges as teachers for us. At the start, it looked a little strange for me that she is so particular about teachers being an inspiration. But thinking about it and the people who have inspired me till now, its a surprise to me that a lot of them are my teachers, whether it is about how to be or how not to be. There is my mother, brother, a few ex-colleagues and a few ex-teammates and a few friends, except them, every other person who inspired me positively has been one of my teachers.

I completely agree with her that its very important that we have inspiring teachers. I have been lucky till now to get quite a lot of inspiration from my teachers. I’m sure this is one right time to thank all those people (both teachers and others) who have inspired my life so far.

Without you, my life wouldn't have been so good, Thank you all !

1 comment:

  1. So impressive, If I ever become a teacher or a situation to teach anybody ...I want to be a one like yours :)

    ReplyDelete