Sunday, June 6, 2010

Honesty is the best policy !

 I was watching the movie "Salangai Oli" yesterday. I felt it was 2 quality hours of time spent on it. The best part about epics is that they give a fresh thought and a new perspective every time we listen to it. Sometimes they even make us change our own perception.

I still remember the last time I watched the movie, that was back in 2005, when Kamal had just started becoming as my favorite actor, I was watching lots of his movies. I loved the movie for Kamal that time. Till then, I had liked the movie mainly for its brilliant musicality and intensity it carries throughout.

But this time, after the movie had completed, I was thinking about something I've never realized, some thing my thoughts hadn't  gone even remotely close to. That is on why the character Balakrishna gave up on his love even when the woman is in love with him. He could have been silly enough to believe that he shouldn't be marrying a woman who had a dark past. Else he could have wanted to do what he felt was the right thing to do. But ultimately, it didn't help him much towards his success. In fact, that sole thing led to his failure in his life, giving an inconsolable pain in heart. I guess he wasn't honest with himself. Even though he wanted to be with her, he gave up, the reason being anything.

I have seen myself in situations where I chose to do what is right, not having my heart fully convinced and some of them really hurt. Fortunately they were not about love coz I believe its very hard to undo those scars that we cause through love. I don’t think doing the right thing helps at all times. I guess we need to be voluntarily wrong sometimes to match our imperfections.

How important is to be honest? I have personally felt that it is almost impossible to be 100% honest to everyone in this world. We certainly need to lie some times, some times to stay social, at the bare minimum for good causes. But its surprising that being true to ourselves is equally difficult, which is not supposed to be. Once in a rare while, when we are down in confidence, we see such moments reminding us the regrets. Of course the optimist will be up and saying to us “Come on, there's nothing much we could have done about it”, without which we would never be able to move on.

If a scenario comes where doing the right thing is not going to help keep our soul happy, we shouldn't worry much about not doing the right thing. It just kills, one not being true to themselves. But as we see, there is no way to roll back time. The best we can do is to start again and hoping to do it well this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment