Monday, May 10, 2010

Happiness

Today, I read a status message of one of my friends which said “Being happy is not a matter of destiny. It is a matter of options.”. I had commented on it with “I think its more about knowing what exactly we want. If we don't know that, we can't always choose right from the options available, can we?”. Thinking a little deeper about it, I see myself having a contradicting idea as well. I think the idea of “what we want” continuously changes. Something we like today may not be the same tomorrow. So getting what we want always is too difficult, almost impossible. But even if we get infinitely lucky to get everything we want, will we be happy? I don’t think we will. After all, as Virumandi said, “சந்தோசம்னா என்னனு அத அனுபவிக்கேல மனுசனுக்குத் தெரியுறதில்ல, அது இல்லாமப் போகுது பாருங்க, அப்பதேன் !” (one doesn’t realize what is happiness when they experience it, they do only when it is not there). I too believe that it is the absence of happiness that makes us celebrate it when it is present. It's just not a matter of options. Its about the cycle. Life will be boring if we are always happy and its not worth it if we always sad !


If you want to watch happiness, watch this !
http://youtube.com/watch?v=m3w8Ldb4oSc

2 comments: